Thursday, July 24, 2008

WE'RE BACK!!!!!!

So, after nearly three weeks away from the house and two weeks away from the Daddy, Michael came home and I followed suit. He made me, he said he couldn't get on the train without me.....whatever....

We left on July third and headed for Ocean City, MD. We stayed in a townhouse that belongs to our cousins soon-to-be husband (well, it belongs to his family, not all to him....) We saw fireworks from the deck of the townhouse. We went swimming in the ocean every day and played on the deck and the dock every night. Michael loved the sand, but surprisingly, didn't like being in the ocean. he said the waves scared him. Amazing! He's not so fearless after all:)

After the ocean, Michael and I rode to Stafford/Fredericksburg Virginia, where our aunt and cousins live. We were there for two more weeks:) Michael had a great time with his five year old cousin Jessica (even if they did fight like brother and sister:) He also loved swimming in the pool with Jessica and Mike and Jenny. He played with all the dogs, but only Charlie could keep him from picking her up:) He got a little rough with the small dogs, but hopefully it was a learning experience:(

While there, we did a lot of sight seeing and playing. I had the opportunity to visit Fredricksburg a little and went to Washington DC twice. It was the first time I had ever been to either place. I think I could do a whole week in DC and still not see everything I want to see! But it was all pretty amazing!!!

Michael and I came back on the train (the "real choo choo train") and he did really well. It was a beautiful ride. Once we got through New York City we went up the Hudson River almost the whole way. So we saw River with a back drop of mountains. Michael slept about 3 1/2 of the 9 hours, which wasn't so bad. When he was awake, he was busy making friends with EVERYONE and staring out the window for long periods of time. He had only a couple minor outbursts. When we had to switch trains in penn station in NYC, he chose a big soft pretzel over candy, and he devoured it!!I had a couple bites, but that's all he would give me :) By the time the trip was done, he was REALLY ready to see his Daddy. When he saw him through the window of the train, he started jumping up and down and yelling to Geoff through the window. The smiles on both their faces were priceless!!!! As we were getting off the train, lots of people kept saying "bye Michael" Geoff laughed as I expleained all the friends Michael made.
Of course, there are tons of pictures so I'm just posting a link to a "small album on winkflash. Enjoy!!!!!!!

No comments: