Monday, May 12, 2008

I'm supposed to celebrate what?

OK. So, I'm a bit on the bitter side right now. I had a good mothers day. Geoff grilled steaks and he grilled chicken and veggie kabobs and we had rice and good beer and Michael actually ate without complaining about it. Then we went for ice cream. That was all fine and good and I love my husband and son.

But........yesterday was my second mothers day without having a mother. So, there's one thing that was making me a little upset. I just wanted my mommy. Yes, I know I'm 32. But I don't think you can ever be too old to want your mommy. I've come to that conclusion.

Second thing that was plaguing our family yesterday...Grandpa was taken off his respirator, and they aren't optimistic. So, Grandpa....Bad. No mommy....bad. i just found it a little difficult to celebrate.

OK. I might be done complaining now.

No comments: